The rise of mobile device and smart phone popularity are unstoppable. These are considered new marketing channels for every business. It’s true that android software development are now regarded as “new websites,” and several reputable companies have already launched apps of their won.
Mobile apps can place your brand at the top of its game, maintain customer loyalty, and improve the quantity and quality of sales leads they produce.
What should a mobile application provide?
A mobile app shouldn’t copy the entire company website. Since they exist to make things more accessible and easier, they obviously cater to a different user emotion. A successful mobile application needs to solve an issue, or fulfill a specific objective while catering to the needs of end users. They need to deliver a distinct touch point opportunity for all B2B firms.
However, developing a mobile app is not a simple task. It can be time-consuming and expensive. There is the need to update it once in a while.
The Pros of Developing a Mobile App
- Allows you to demonstrate services and products more creatively, offer in-depth details, connect with customers, and deliver a much-improved customer experience
- Usually loads faster than mobile websites
- Available offline, aside from those transactions where all users need to log-in
- Can be targeted to several different users, from dealers and customers to staff and end users
- Very easy to use, training will not really take too much time and effort
- A big percentage of the population utilizes smart phone technologies
- Keeps your brand prominent in the industry, and sets it apart from the competition
- Helps increase customer loyalty and retention
The Cons of Developing a Mobile App
- Needs to be developed to suit every platform—this can be timely and costly
- Requires on-going care both as regard to technological updates and fresh content
- The optimization process is not very simple
- Can be very expensive and hard to update
Mobile app development is a new marketing channel being explored by adventurous digital marketers. It offers plenty of untapped potentials for companies.